Monday 17 November 2014

Gumball Machines by Miriam Danar

Series - Urban Candy - Gumball Machines - Iconic New York City

These three fire-engine red gumball machines, though hosting modern-day bubble gum, candies, and treats (hosted by an adorable puppy face smiling up at you!), cannot fail to bring back fond childhood memories of bubble gum machines, comic books, and Nancy Drew mystery novels, all highlights of growing up, for me, at least.


Series - Gumballs All In A Row - Iconic New York City

I walked along familiar streets and glimpsed a vision from my childhood; a beautiful old vintage gumball machine, just visible among the shadows of the old candy store. Never mind the convenience stores, the newspaper stands, the lotto places; I have, in my mind, an image that can never be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment